City Recorder


The City Recorder’s Office is responsible for all City records, preparing City Council agendas, packets and minutes, attending City Council meetings, publishing of legal notices, City Code, document searches, administering oaths of office, municipal elections, Draper Cemetery, and Passport Office.

Records Request

The City Council minutes, adopted Ordinances, Resolutions, contract documents, etc., are available through the Recorder’s Office. If you have a request for a specific document from any city department, you may submit an online Records Request or contact the Recorder’s Office at 801-576-6502 for assistance.

 2020 Meeting Schedule


At times, there is confusion about the difference between the City Recorder, the County Recorder, and the County Clerk. Because of the confusion, we receive several calls that actually pertain to the County Recorder or the County Clerk, rather than our Department. Here is a list of common questions and the answers:

Where do I find tax information regarding my property?  Contact the Salt Lake County Recorder’s Office at 801-468-3391 or visit the Salt Lake County Recorder’s website.

Where can I get a marriage license?  Contact the Marriage License Division of the County Clerk at 801-468-3439 or visit the Salt Lake County Clerk’s website.

Am I registered to vote?  Contact the Elections Division of the County Clerk at 801-462-3427 or visit the Salt Lake County Clerk’s website.

Related Links
International Institute of Municipal Clerks
Utah Municipal Clerks Association