Geneva Rock Application
IntroductionDraper City received an application from Geneva Rock for a text amendment, a land use map amendment and a rezone. Geneva Rock is requesting to rezone a portion of its property (72.9 acres) from an A-5 agricultural zone to a M-2 manufacturing zone to expand their gravel operations. They are also requesting a Development Agreement to set aside 78.4 acres of land to create a conservation easement on Steep Mountain. Links to the application documents can be found by scrolling down.
The Draper City Council will be considering the text amendment, land use map amendment, rezone, and development agreement which proposes the land conservation easement. The City Council meeting is scheduled on Wednesday, September 12, at 6:00 p.m. The meeting will be held at Draper City Hall, Council Chambers, 1020 East Pioneer Road, Draper.
For more information about this application, Geneva Rock has made information available on their website. www.genevarock.com/draper
Draper City Process
At the August 23rd meeting, the Draper Planning Commission considered the text amendment, land use map amendment and rezone. The Planning Commission forwarded a positive recommendation on Geneva'a text amendment (Vote 4 to 1), a negative recommendation on the land use map amendment (Vote 3 to 2), and a negative recommendation for the rezone (Vote 4 to 1).
The city is holding a special meeting because the application has generated a considerable amount of community interest and the City Council wants everyone to be heard. The meeting is on Wednesday, September 12, at 6:00 p.m. Staff Report Presentation - Geneva Rock
How to I express my comments on this issue?
2) Draper City has provided an online public comment form for residents to provide feedback prior to the public hearings. You will need to submit your comments by 12 noon on September 11, 2018 in order for them to be included in the materials for the City Council. Please note that Facebook or any social media comments are not included in the public comments. In order for your comment to be included, you will need to submit your comment online at the link above, or send an email to Senior Planner Jennifer Jastremsky.
Draper City is committed to an open and transparent process where residents have an opportunity to provide meaningful input during the review of any application we receive.
LISTEN TO LIVE AUDIO from Draper City Council meetings. The presentation materials (if there are any) for each agenda items will be shown on the screen.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Maridene Alexander, Draper City’s Public Information Officer at (801) 576-6527 or Cell (801) 831-7224 or by email.
Geneva Rock Public Comments Received
Geneva Rock Application Links
- Development Agreement Second Draft with all Redlines Geneva comments after DRC 8.14.18
- Second Draft of Text Change for "Basic Industry" and "Mineral Extraction" from "Conditional" to "Permitted"
- Draper Zone District Q&A
- Revised Rezone Parcel Description 8.14.18
- Geneva Rezoning Development Agreement Draft to City 7-06-18 redlined with all Geneva comments after DRC 08 14 18
- Exhibit B - Conservation Parcel Description
Original Geneva Rock Documents
- Geneva Review Memo 8-3-18
- Development Agreement Application
- Zoning Text Amendment
- Land Use Map Amendment
- Zoning Map Amendment
- Exhibit A - Revised Rezone Parcel Description 8.14.18
- Exhibit C - Master Plan Map