Code Enforcement Officer
Why does Draper have a code compliance officer? The majority of citizens recognize the importance of voluntary compliance to our codes. To protect our citizens from those who disobey these codes and to ensure the general health, safety, and welfare and that of our community, codes must be enforced.
Not all code violations fall under the jurisdiction of the police; therefore, a separate compliance agency has been called upon. The governing body of Draper City has delegated this responsibility to Code Compliance Officers.
What Does A Code Compliance Officer Do?
- Answer citizen complaints and concerns
- Investigate on-view violations
- Assist planners, building, and licensing officials
- Respond to local city council assignments
- Coordinate with law enforcement and other governmental agencies
- Engage in community improvement programs that educate the public and provide the opportunity to be involved
Available Code Compliance Services
- Educate the public on ordinance compliance issues
- Provide professional and technical assistance
- Encourage voluntary compliance to violations
- Promote neighborhood revitalization
Code of Ethics: American Association of Code Enforcement
- I will uphold the constitutional property rights of all citizens to ensure due process with fairness and consistency.
- I will seek to improve the quality of life within my jurisdiction by enforcing all laws in an exemplary manner.
- I will strive to inspire public confidence and trust in my profession by performing my duties with honor, integrity, truthfulness and fairness.
- I will carefully avoid conflicts of interest, or appearance of impropriety, and will not accept, nor offer, any form of gift for the performance of my duties.
- I will strive to become more knowledgeable of my profession through continuous training and education.
- I will not permit personal feelings, prejudices nor influences (political or otherwise) to interfere, prohibit or delay the process of enforcement.