Mountain Biking 2018
What:Draper has some of the best mountain biking trails in the country! We are very proud of them and are excited to offer this program designed to teach kids the proper techniques, philosophies, and correct maneuvers of mountain biking. Our IMBA-ICP certified instructors are awesome! They are trained to teach mountain bike classes in great detail. Sessions will run for a week each (Monday-Friday) and offer various skill levels for youth. Use of Cycle Park, Orson Smith Trail, and Corner Canyon trails. Braking, pedaling, positioning, etiquette, cornering, safety, etc. will be taught.
Who:Boys and girls ages 10-14 years' old
- Beginner: Can ride a bike but has limited experience on the trails.
- Intermediate: Has been through the Beginner class, has some experience on the trails, and is experienced on the Pump Track.
|Session #1||Beginner - FULL||June 11-15||M-F||10:30 a.m.-11:55 a.m.|
|Session #1||Intermediate - FULL||June 11-15||M-F||9:00 a.m.-10:25 a.m.|
|Session #2||Beginner - FULL||July 9-13||M-F||10:30 a.m.-11:55 a.m.|
|Session #2||Intermediate||July 9-13||M-F||9:00 a.m.-10:25 a.m.|
|Session #3||Beginner - FULL||July 16-20||M-F||10:30 a.m.-11:55 a.m.|
|Session #3||Intermediate||July 16-20||M-F||9:00 a.m.-10:25 a.m.|
|Session #4||Beginner - FULL||August 6-10||M-F||10:30 a.m.-11:55 a.m.|
|Session #4||Intermediate||August 6-10||M-F||9:00 a.m.-10:25 a.m.|
Parks & Recreation Department
1020 E. Pioneer Rd. (12400 S.),
Enter from the west entrance of Draper City Hall (lower level)
Draper City, UT 84020
Email Recreation Department
Ph: (801) 576-6570
Rainout HotlinePh: (801) 576-6570, Opt. 3
Link to Weather/Rain Out Information
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Like Us on Facebook
Draper Recreation Page
**Dates and times are subject to change.**
Where:Andy Ballard Arena/Cycle Park (1600 E. Highland Dr. in Draper)
Cost:$98.00 per session. Includes a shirt.
Registration: Begins March 30, 2018 and ends one week prior to each session or until full.
Online registration is available. Registration may also be done in person at the Draper Parks & Recreation Office (1020 E. Pioneer Rd., bottom floor, enter on the west side).
Requirements:A mountain bike (not BMX) in good working condition, a bike helmet, and a spare tube (all mandatory). We strongly suggest each rider wear additional padding and gear to protect hands, wrists, elbows, etc.
**Note: All riders will have a coach evaluation as to the level and abilities to best know how to coach them the first day. They will also properly adjust their seat, brakes, and shifter positions to the proper placement.
Program Registration Refund Policy:
- A $10.00 bookkeeping fee is non-refundable for each program/registration.
- Refund requests made before the registration period/deadline has ended will receive a full refund minus the $10.00 bookkeeping fee.
- After the registration period/deadline has ended, a refund of 50% of program fee will be offered.
- No refunds will be offered once the program has started, beginning with the first class, first lesson, coaches meeting, etc.