Law Enforcement Exploring is a well established and highly respected program that has served as a platform from which countless young adults have launched a successful career with local, county, state and federal law enforcement agencies.
Draper Explorers participate in many functions, such as:
Attend weekly trainings (every Thursday) on law enforcement topics and tactics.
Assist with public events.
Police department tours and presentations to scout groups.
1. Must be age fourteen through age twenty. (Explorers may remain in the program until their twenty-first birthday.)
2. Must possess a valid Utah driver’s license if they are Seventeen years of age or older.
3. Must obtain a valid Utah driver’s license within six months of their 17th birthday.
4. Must have parental or guardian approval which includes signatures on the application and the general liability release form if the applicant is under eighteen years of age.
5. Must exhibit good moral habits with no arrest or conviction records for serious offenses or crimes of moral turpitude. (The age of the applicant at the time of the offense may be considered in determining if an applicant with a record is acceptable.)
6. Must have a High School Diploma or G.E.D. or be enrolled as a freshman or successfully completed their eighth grade year, or attending school working towards a G.E.D.
7. Must maintain a “C” (2.0) grade point average while in school.
8. Must be in good physical condition and free of any medical issues that could result in the inability to perform the duties of the position.
9. Each applicant must pass a thorough background check
10. All explorers upon entering the post will be put on a temporary probationary period.