Clean Air. Let’s Show We Care.
Draper City, along with the rest of the Wasatch Front, struggles with poor air quality. In Utah, 53 percent of harmful particulates in the air come from vehicles. The good news is that all of us can do our part to reduce that number and improve air quality with easy lifestyle changes.
Draper City and Canyons School District invite you to join us for our Clean Air Initiative. The goals for the Clean Air Initiative are simple, but will require all of us to do our part to be successful:
- Educate on the air-quality benefits of being idle-free;
- Outline actions we can all take to make a real and measurable difference in our air quality
Draper City Idle Free Toolkit
Draper City has developed an Idle Free Toolkit for parents and students with fun, interactive resources tailored to the daily themes for Idle Free Week. We encourage residents to use these resources to educate themselves on the benefits of being idle free.
- Monday - Monitor the Air
- Tuesday - Reduce Cold Starts
- Wednesday - Be Idle Free
- Thursday - Stop the Hot Spots
- Friday - Flag It
Let’s All Do Our Part.
On June 18, 2019 the Draper City Council adopted Resolution #19-34, the Draper City Clean Air Initiative. This Resolution encourages Draper residents to stop idling their engines on public or private property if they are waiting more than two minutes, except in extenuating situations where health and safety are a concern.
Doing Our Part: Dough-Not Idle at Schools events
Our Clean Air Initiative launched at local schools with an important idle-free campaign to educate on how much each of us can improve air quality by remembering to “Turn Your Key, Be Idle Free”.
Do Your Part: Be Idle-Free
Sometimes we wonder if what we do actually makes a difference. In the case of idling reduction improving air quality, the answer is YES!
Do Your Part: Take Our Air Quality Awareness Survey
Do Your Part: Participate in the “Turn Your Key, Be Idle-Free” event at your school
Do Your Part: Check the website of the Division of Air Quality
See the Air Quality Forecast and make your choices accordingly, such as carpooling, reducing vehicle use or not using solid fuel burning devices. Visit now.
Idle Free Week Media Coverage
- ABC4- Education is the main focus of Draper’s clean air campaign
- Canyons School District- Canyons joins Draper City in Launching clean air challenge
- KUTV- Campaign urges Utah parents to be ’idle free’ while waiting for children at school
- Draper Journal- Draper City unanimously passes anti-idling resolution
- KSL- Idle free campaign kicks off to reduce vehicle emissions
- KJZZ- Campaign urges parents to be ’idle free’ while waiting for children at school
- KMYU- Campaign urges parents to be ’idle free’ while waiting for children at school
- Deseret News- Idle free campaign kicks off to reduce vehicle emissions